Friday, March 21, 2008

i.dream.of.genie

i dream of murder
hatred burning red and black
bodies too
face twisting in recognition
that its end has come
at my hand
at my beck and call
i command
the air around them to super-heat
it does so in white hot brilliance
beautifully watercoloured
fabric skin melts
has no choice but to ignite
and they are freed
a plume of ash drifts sweetly on the breeze
brings a tang to the air
and to my tongue
as i pick them off
one by one
with a wave of my hand
the merest gesture on my behalf
sees them mowed down inexorably
the force
impacts
implodes
disintegrates
a machine of my implacable loathing
a weapon honed by the sharpening of years
sparkling
gorgeous
an alter an icon a palace a deity
a dark and corrupt blackened smoke pours
from my vessel
as i dream
dream
of "genie"

No comments: