Monday, March 17, 2008

broken.head

my head is splitting
is what they say
but can it
does it
will a swollen brain
drunk with toxins
force its way through the cracks

finally getting its chance to leave your shell behind
this thing its been forced to lug around
every minute of every day it has to analyse process record delegate
all the minute operations of an unthinking husk
a demanding child
thoughtless and self-obsessed
totally dependant on impulses from the big grey

well no more
its this organ's time to shine
i mean
just imagine
if i didn't spend my life concerned with you
all that attention
and all that care
could be focused on me
just think of the possibilities

but you can't can you
you can't think
you need me to do that for you too
stupid stupid flesh
ignorant
vacant
baby

baby goodbye
remember me
as i'm floating away
a rubbery grey balloon
kissing its thoughts to the sky

No comments: