Wednesday, December 24, 2008

lost

no map
no stars to guide me
i'm waiting
like the freezing night-lit desert
for the blaze of day
a sign
to show the way
a hint a clue
the piece that glues them
altogether

the scent blown on the breeze
brings me stories of you
who you do
i can track and sniff
find the print the mark
the spark you gave to someone else
someone good enough to give your body to
but not me

the problem is
i don't even know

if i want you
its only cos you said i could
i need your permission
to desire
to fire a heat in my loins
to sear my mind
to grill to line to pine
to wait, supine

invitations to dine
fall from my lips, hips clenched
stomach wrenched
wretchedly
waiting
for you to deign
you reign
the pack, they sniff me out
find me so easily
as if i'd try to hide
try to play
dare to stay

just give me the rules
at least
show me the start of the path
a box with few matches
patches of light
or else
i remain

lost


No comments: