Thursday, December 25, 2008

frustrated don't come close

you

love

you joke
you fairytale, story, utter lie
lie
through your gilded teeth, foiled
sugar-coated, saccharine
patent and false
cardboard fake
you take
you suck me in
tuck me in a cosy bed of thorns
of shreds
of glass
tore
ment

to think i believed
believe it still
doted pine
sappy moan
heavy sigh
lie awake
sweat fevered
cleaving to the sword
drawing blood
jumping to conclusion
confusion is all you bring
your gift
a bomb
shrapnel propelled
swells in my face
staining dreams and fears
cliched tears
tearing hair
hes not there

i long
to be
safe
real
realised full
true and clear
thirst quenching
glitteringly transparent
prescent
bold

the tale told right
the knight the prince
the moon wan wing'd
magic dwells
as he tells me how he feels
my head reels
and we fall

in the joke
love

No comments: